Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Texting Faux Pas

Lately Tyler has been getting more educated about how to use a cell phone. If he's going to play with it, it has to be a real phone, it has to be on, and it has to be unlocked. Otherwise he wants nothing to do with it. This morning while playing on our bed he saw my phone and started playing. I was still half asleep and therefore happy that he had found something to keep him occupied for a little while longer. A few minutes later I looked over and noticed that the "sending picture..." screen was up. A couple of seconds later I saw that this was the picture he had sent...

...TO THE MISSIONARIES!!

I'm not quite sure what to do here. They already knew I was pregnant so it's obviously not an announcement of any kind (and NO I wouldn't announce it this way to the ELDERS anyway!). Do I just call them and explain that my 17-month-old son just randomly figured out how to send THEM this particular picture? That it's not a threat of any kind, and that I will gladly talk to their mission president should he have any questions about this highly irregular picture that is now taking up space on their phone? Or do I just wait until I see them on Sunday and see if they ask about it. At this moment are they wondering which of their companions (there are three of them) Sister Jensen was directing this picture to? Are they arguing over what it's supposed to mean? Are they glaring at each other accusingly, trying to remember if any one of them has been alone for any amount of time in the past couple of months?

...excuse me, I think I have a phone call to make.

12 comments:

  1. That's funny! It's amazing what kind of trouble they can get into when we are still half asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I laughed so hard. Thanks -- I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so hilarious! I think he knew exactly what he was doing! These little ones know more than they let on! :) He was laughing to himself while wondering how you were going to get out of this one! :) TOO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is, if I was a missionary and I got that text I would sure appreciate a phone call explaining it. It is a funny story though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing SO HARD right now! I think you better call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I'm the only one wondering, but why in the world do missionaries have the ability to receive text messages? They have cell phones?

    Why?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is soooo funny! They can really get us in trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty funny. Silly Tyler! Good luck on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Megan! That's hilarious! Congrats on baby #2, that's exciting for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wondering what else I could possibly do to merit an "early release".... this could be it! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's my secret Camille. This was totally on purpose so that maybe they'll feel the need to "fire" me. ;)

    ReplyDelete