Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Little Nettie


This is my FAVORITE new item this year. I know it looks like either a mini watering can or a device used to ingest illegal substances, but it's not! It's one of the greatest inventions EVER. I could probably send it to Rachael Ray for Stump The Rach. It's called a Nettie (or Neti) Pot and it's my best friend. During pregnancy I always have awful sinus congestion, especially at night. And it's not blow-your-nose-and-it's-all-better type. I blow my nose and NOTHING happens. So, I usually have to get up two or three times a night to try do something so I can breathe! My dad found this little beauty and gave it to me about a month ago. I have to say I was afraid of it and didn't touch it until last week when I became desperate. Boy am I glad I finally tried it! Ten seconds with Little Nettie (yes, that's her name) before bed and I am FREE for the rest of the night. I LOVE IT! Now, I wasn't about to take a picture of myself using it, but here's one of of another overnight enthusiast. Everyone needs to see this. It's hilarious, and I can't believe I actually do this!

Sorry if you think this is gross, but I thought I would be nice and share this little secret with anyone else who might be having the same issues! Happy Nettiing!

9 comments:

  1. Dr. Oz raved about these on Oprah once. I tried it just for fun, and it feels strange, doesn't it? Kinda tickles. I don't have sinus problems but I do have trouble breathing at night sometimes, maybe I'll try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew. You are one of THEM! Mike uses this almost every night and it is seriously disgusting to watch. He sits there and gags out all the crap and I am dry-heaving in the corner, trying to get out of ear shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you getting to watch that Jennifer! Unfortunately, when I use it, it's not quite so dramatic, so Ry doesn't get much of a show...maybe I should jazz it up a bit...

    Dan- I know, it feels so weird at first! Like...well, getting water up your nose. Little uncomfortable, but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I know it's gross, but thanks for sharing that, we'll have to get one, we always have issues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nettie Review:
    Being a Nettie virgin and having a stuffy nose at the time my beautiful wife posted this, I made myself a guinea pig tonight. Megs demonstrated for me how it was done, and then I tried it. The first nostril cleared out quickly. The second was a little more apprehensive, and it may need a second helping later. Overall, though, this wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. Simple science is wonderful. Thanks, Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't lie - I'm confused about how this little contraption works. Could you explain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I get one? We both have sinus issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you can get one at any drug store like Rite Aid or Walgreens, and at health food stores too. Places like Whole Foods.

    Basically how it works is you pour saline water into one nostril and it comes out the other, loosening everything up as it goes. Then you blow your nose. Repeat on the other side. Quite simple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jared LOVES using this. He swears by it. Any time he is stuffy or has a cold, sinus infection, whatever, he pulls it out, and it does seem to help him. I personally don't love it, but luckily I don't have a lot of congestion/sinus issues. Glad it works for you!!!

    ReplyDelete