Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Free Education!

When I finally graduated from college in 2006 I remember being so excited that I was "done" with school. Well, now I really miss it. Learning is so cool!! On my own, I've been trying to learn to do some things that interest me. Like drawing. I've always been AWFUL at drawing, or any type of art, for that matter. For Christmas, my husband got me a drawing book. When I saw it I wasn't all that excited because I thought, "I'm awful at drawing, and I'll never be able to do it." But then started reading the book and doing some of the exercises that it has in it. Result: I drew a pretty dang decent tree and a couple pretty decent-looking bottles! I know, nothing extremely exciting, but it made me realize that with more practice, I really WILL be able to draw. Never say never.

My point: keep learning, even when you're done with school. I just found out that BYU offers a whole bunch of online courses for free. I didn't know! When I found the site yesterday I got all sorts of excited about all of the new things I'm going to learn online. Like how to grow vegetables, fruits and nuts; and how to BOWL...and how to speak English as a second language if my first language is Chinese (ok, maybe not that one). The one I decided to start with is personal finance. I graduated with a degree in finance and yet I still do so poorly with managing our personal finances! So I am super excited!

Here's the link: http://ce.byu.edu/is/site/courses/free.cfm

Happy Learning!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's crazy! It's free! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs thanks so much for the link! I'm seriously making a list of all the things I want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? That's so cool. I just graduated and I think I already miss it a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete